Friday 20 February 2015

(13) The Radzinowicz Library (Institute of Criminology)

On a rainy Monday afternoon, armed with a caffe Nero takeaway and a bag full of books about international relations (both equally important to my degree) I set off for my favourite library hunting ground, the Sidgwick site. Just when I thought I had seen all there was to see by way of libraries, the criminology library offered a new building with Cambridge blue desks and a relaxed, but focused work space. 

Snazzy and new

So classy


Wait, what?

So clean and orderly

The tables were a beautiful shade of cambridge blue - always a good sign.

Nice colour scheme

And that awkward moment when you clash with the table

Is this the least inspiring view yet?

Nice bookshelf

There were a surprising number of armchairs dotted around the ground floor, which certainly contributed to a more relaxed atmosphere.

Relax


Staying in the library to avoid this

Despite the dark and gloomy weather, the lighting within the library was more than adequate. There weren't any desk lamps that I could see but the powerful ceiling lights more than made up for it.

So bright!

There's no one else there...

This was why I didn't want to leave...
A very nice, quiet library - the perfect place to work when the weather is miserable, and an excellent choice in furniture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment